Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Buying a domain help!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Attila Hajzer
    Participant

so i have a client that wants a .com, but i don’t know how to set it up , right now for the website im using a hosting service (not a server off my computer) and i know how to change from the subdomain to the .com but i dont know how to buy a domain and set that up..

and help?

Can Chris Coyier make this his next screen-cast? please? cause I’m sure there’s more then just me out there..

– Attila Hajzer

TheDoc

So you already have a hosting account and you just need to purchase a domain for your client?

If so, you’d buy the domain and then point to the hosting service you already have set up. Every backend is different, so you’ll have to refer to the help section of the registrar that you end up using.

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

I’m going to refrain to linking to them just because I have no affiliation and don’t want to be seen as recommending any particular one, but in the past I’ve purchased domains from all of:

– GoDaddy
    – Media Temple
    – Network Solutions
    – Google
    – Hover

On a personal level, I recommend keeping all your domains together on ONE domain registrant, just to eliminate the headache of managing them all.

you can also try with inexpensivedomains

TheDoc

You can get them to buy a domain themselves and then give you their username and password to the account.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.