Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Button link on the same page.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    tarnos12
    Participant

Hey, I am using bootstrap. I want to make a button which will open a page? on the current page, not sure how to explain this :|

I want to have few buttons 1/2/3/4/5 each of them will change data inside a table/div. This data will be some player info, because there is too much to put on the single page I need those buttons, but I dont want to refresh or redirect to different page. I only want a single part of the page to change. I hope you can understand me. Thanks

Paulie_D

This sounds like a JSON issue…or, at least, a show/hide issue better left to Javascript.

In either event, what have you tried?

CSS-Tricks is not a coding service….we can help you over the hurdles of code that isn’t working but we, generally, can’t write it for you.

Hopefully, you can google for the answers.

tarnos12
    Participant

Hey, I did not try this before, I was hoping someone can help me out with that :) I am looking on google, but cant find a solution. I will keep searching thanks for the answer.

tarnos12
    Participant

Hey, yes I did search for that but that is not what I want. I want some kind of “menu” where you press a button and information inside my table change or something. If you ever played some rpg games, many of them have those “tabs” which you can open anytime. Thats what I really want to do. I can make that myself but I dont know how.

Paulie_D
    tarnos12
    Participant

Hey, yes thats what I meant, actually bootstrap offers the same thing. Thanks for the answer I will keep that website in mind.

Thanks for all links, that helps me alot.

tarnos12
    Participant

Hey, yes I know about that, do you think its a bad idea? My current project isnt really big, so I dont think there is going to be alot of data. Also since its my first project I am not sure if it’s a good idea to learn everything at once. You could give me some resources how to make this work in ajax, I could use them in future.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.