Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other BSPWM – Holy pimp suace!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    nixnerd
    Participant

Watch this gif:

This is one of the sickest setups I’ve ever seen. I might have to install BSPWM tomorrow.

nixnerd
    Participant

I started using a tiling setup about 2 months ago. It has GREATLY improved my workflow. But this? Damn. It’s one of the coolest things ever. Now you can turn your desktop into the most awesome IDE for free.

nixnerd
    Participant

Attention new coders:

Feel like you don’t have enough money for a sweet setup? Sure you do. Go get yourself a Raspberry Pi for $35. If you feel like splurging, get a BeagleBone Black for $10 more. Hook it up to the crappiest monitor you can find or even your TV and grab yourself a keyboard at your local thrift store.

Then… install Arch Linux and BSPWM. You’ll have a setup suitable for ANY professional and you’ll be in for less than $50!

If you don’t like coding… oh well. It’s less than a day’s pay.

nixnerd
    Participant

Oh and I GUARANTEE the 1 GHz processor of the BeagleBone Black is plenty to run this very lightweight window manager on. That will be MORE than enough.

nixnerd
    Participant

Sorry… just a few more:

nixnerd
    Participant

Then… install Arch Linux and BSPWM.

The install/configuration of these two alone will teach you about 10 times more than you already know about computing.

__
    Participant

you are sick, my friend.

nixnerd
    Participant

Yeah dude…. I have BSP fever.

nixnerd
    Participant

I just installed BSPWM. In fact… I’m using it right now. Now I need to tweak it.

nixnerd
    Participant

It might be of interest to you that BSPWM is FAST!!! This thing is basically written in all C and is all performance. You really couldn’t ask for anything faster. I think even the gains from moving to Rat Poison would be marginal.

__
    Participant

It does look neat.

nixnerd
    Participant

It is. Mess around with it on the BBB!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.