Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design Browsers for responsive web design

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    almcrorie
    Participant

in dealing with responsive web design, is there a chart around that outlines what browsers will ever be used and those that wont be for viewing various screen sizes?? for example, would any small screen device 320px wide ever use the IE8/9/10 browser??

for example, what browsers need to be able to handle a screen size of 320px? 600px? 768px? 1024px? etc

I am still running XP on an old lap top with IE8 so that is why I pose this question.

Al

GeneralKnowledge
    Participant

I will pose a few example to make sure I understand your question correctly.
    “Will Chrome on Linux ever be below 400px wide?”
    “Will Safari on MacOS ever be below 800px wide?”
    “Will IE on Windows ever be above 1400px wide?”

You should not be worrying about which browser your site is being viewed on. Most browsers can be resized to below 320px wide. There are no standard browser window sizes because a user can resize them as they please.

I would personal use media queries to detect when the browser window is below or above a certain size, thus removing the need to worrying about which browser a user is running.

I hope this answers your question in someway.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.