Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Browser help

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Prophetng1

This is my first post on CSS-tricks. I really love this site and how informational it is. I just completed my first full css site and I’ve ran into some browser issues in IE 6.0, and 5.5. My code guy is still new to a lot of the browser bugs as he is still learning CSS, so any help is appreciated. my website is at http://www.prophetdestination.com. As you can see there are some issues with the side image that is floated to the right and also with the menu which I followed the screencast from this site on.

koewnet

Looks like a fresh and trendy design, but there’s one thing: you’ve put min-width: 1440px; on the body-selector. Why is that? (I tested it on FF2 and IE7/Win)

Remember that alot of users are still on small screen resolutions, as 1024×768 is still a default setting on non-customized end-user machines. And some even use 800×600. Although you might not want to support 800×600 (sometimes I do understand that, since it’s hideously small), you should at least try to support 1024×768.

i have a feeling its for the header graphic but i would try and set that to 100% so it scales and just let the browser crop what doesnt fit.

dig the site and i like the art.

good simple design.

Prophetng1

Hey guys thanks for the great comments on the site. I’m trying to take in as much as I can on making these sites. I’m more of the graphics guy but I still want to be able to do everything and anything if you catch my drift. as far as the min-width I think I’m just going to lower it to the 1024 like you suggested. Unfortunately my header and footer are rather large which I believe is contributing to the problems in that category. The one other thing I’m concerned about though is for IE 6.0. when viewing it the menu gets lost completely and the main content with the float is off as well.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.