Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Boxes to select page for WP search and archive

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    OldGuy

I know that’s not the most descriptive title. The picture should explain it better.

[attachment=0]query-results.png[/attachment]

WordPress Features
    I wanted little boxes to allow me to select the page I wanted (as well as to show me what page I was on). Also, I wanted a little tag telling me which posts were being displayed.

I looked fairly extensively and couldn’t find any mention of either feature so I wrote my own. Hopefully someone can find them useful.

I tried to post code the other day and must have done it wrong since it was all grabled. Here’s a link to a post instead.

Old Guy Gaming – Paginated Query Results

OldGuy

I looked again. There are eight pages of plugins related to "pagination". About seven of those relate to adding pagination or styling the "next page" and "previous page" links or some other aspect of pagination other than better navigation. Of those that are left, most don’t have screenshots so you have to dl each to see what they actually do. I did. A few didn’t work. Others are about some other aspect of pagination. Some are ok but not very robust.

I did find one, however, that I missed before: This one looks very good.

But I strive to never use plugins where I can avoid it. I like code that I have full control over (that isn’t in danger of having modifications destroyed every update). Plus I know exactly what it’s doing. : )

OldGuy
    "Robskiwarrior" wrote:
    In that case I would look at the good plugin you found and see how the code is written and write your own code :)

Did you read the first post?

TheDoc
    "OldGuy" wrote:
    "Robskiwarrior" wrote:
    In that case I would look at the good plugin you found and see how the code is written and write your own code :)

Did you read the first post?

haha poor Rob, too busy to even read the post before he starts trying to help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.