Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Box-Shadow Problems

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mwdewitt

I have box-shadows pretty much applied to everything on my website, but the one box-shadow that is not working properlly is on the blog entries themselves. One would think it is because I have a set width for my main-col. It is 818 pixels wide. But I also have a set width for my sidebar (128 pixels) and the box-shadow goes beyond that on my social widgets and picture frame. The same applies for the footer as well. It is 960 pixels wide, but the box-shadows are seen in full. I also have a text-shadow applied to the header text and the shadow goes beyond the 818 pixel width, so why are the sides of my blog entries not showing the box-shadow? I have no clue. If anyone can help me with this I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance!

P.S. Also, I am still having trouble with the menu highlighting in my previous post if anyone wants to help me with that. With those two problems fixed, the site would look exactly how I want it to.

noahgelman
    Participant

Remove the overflow property on #main-col, style.css line 235

mwdewitt

@karlpcrowley: Thank you for the kind words. If you would like to see my other thread, please go here.

@noahgelman
    : Thank you! That fixed it. Although I think the overflow property was there for the sticky footer, but the footer still seems to be working properly.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.