Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Border Radius: Something Wrong on iPad Mini

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    martcol
    Participant

Hello,

This is my development site martcol.co.uk/karban. It’s a bit ragged here and there but it is under development.

I have a panel of images that are rounded (border-radius: 50%) and a hover transition and everything there seems to go OK. I had the chance to view it on someone’s iPad Mini and got quite a shock! Hopefully, this shows a screenshot: http://postimg.org/image/5full37i1/

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Martin

apart
    Participant

Hmm it’s hard without codepen but you can try few things.

Did you set display:block on img ?

Did you use -webkit-border-radius and border-radius for circle ?

Check in Safari on desktop and see how does it work there.

paulob
    Participant

Hi,

It does the same on my ipad also and seems to be a bug.

The ipad doesn’t round the thick borders on the image properly so apply the border to a floated parent instead and round that. Apply border-radius to** both the image and the parent** and it should work ok.

I just tested the method above on a single image and parent and it now works for me on the ipad.

martcol
    Participant

Well,

Thanks to both of you for looking but so far not much luck.

It works on my iPad 2 and my iPhone 4.

It’s OK on Safari

[edit] no luck with display:block

My vendor prefixies are OK

I tried a container with a float + border-radius (at the moment it’s still on the first image)

Interestingly, on the iPad Mini I can see that the circular image (hand logo) in the header is OK.

Man, I wish I could get paid for code-staring – I’m the Grand Master of code-staring!

thanks again

[edit] Here’s the evidence that the top image is behaving well: http://postimg.org/image/xuf6w4bdh/

martcol
    Participant

Sorted!

Apply all the border shizzle to the containing element and border radius to the img.

Thank you, thank you, thank you….

You have no idea how good that feels.

Martin

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.