Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Border colors orders

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    soap
    Participant

You know how if you set multiple colors for border-top,right,bottom,left some of the colors overlay others? Is there a way to control which overlay which? Meaning i think typically top and bottom borders extend all the way to the edges of the element and overlay right and left borders.

Thanks

jamygolden

The colours don’t actually overlap each other at all. http://jsfiddle.net/jamygolden/9qQRw/1/

soap
    Participant

If you change it to 1px and take a print screen and zoom in real close you’l see a weird kind of combination of colors. What I was wondering is if it’s possible to have one of them be on top of the other, instead of mixing them or whatever it’s doing. The particular thing I’m doing it for is very noticeable and I can just use another element with a border surrounding it if necessary but I didn’t really want to do that.

jamygolden

How about a rotate? You could keep rotating it and changing the colours until you get what you’re looking for.

div{
    -moz-transform: rotate(90deg);
    -webkit-transform: rotate(90deg);
    transform: rotate(90deg);
    }
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.