Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Bootstrap Toggle Doesn't Re-Collapse

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Kevin Mamaqi
    Participant

I’m trying to fix the toggle button from the mobile view in my theme, it doesn’t re-collapse. I guess it should be a CSS error because the Javascript console doesn’t throw any error.

Atelierbram
    Participant

Not a CSS issue, somehow the in class isn’t removed from the #navbar when hitting the button again, so it is javascript. Has to be something else then Bootstrap also, for that is working fine in this reduced test case with just the default bootstrap.js. What I would do is:

1. Make a static copy of the site (view source > copy), or fork the Codepen I made
    2. Now start adding other javascript currently going on, and see when it breaks the behaviour
    3. the last script added should be the one causing the error

Looking at the source code, it seems there is also some scripts added in twice.

Paulie_D

Moved to JS Section

Kevin Mamaqi
    Participant

Thank you @Atelierbram, it was caused because jQuery was loading two times but I didn’t know why, so I used this plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-jquery-plus/) to load it from Google CDN and now it is working fine.

Atelierbram
    Participant

It had to be something like that, anyway, If I am not mistaken I think it’s expected from WordPress plugin authors to use (“enqueue”) the version of jQuery that comes with WordPress.

There is also this Minqueque plugin that is supposed to be good, but haven’t had a chance to try out yet. When using that one for all the (conditional) loading of scripts, you maybe don’t need that other “WP-jQuery-Plus” plugin. Just a thought …

Kevin Mamaqi
    Participant

Just tried and works perfectly. Good thought, thanks.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.