Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Bootstrap Single HTML webpage

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    procode200
    Participant

I need to bootstrap / make responsive a single HTML web page that has a few images, some embedded youtube videos and some text so it will scale on various devices. I tried calling it in the head and it did not work. Do i have to also call it in the body, call it remotely, or is there some other way? Any tips? Also if there is methods you know of without using bootstrap please list below.

Beverleyh
    Participant

I tried calling it in the head and it did not work. Do i have to also call it in the body, call it remotely, or is there some other way?

In brief, you need to also add the appropriate classes to your markup to utilise Bootstrap’s responsive properties. There’s much more to it than that though.

Any tips?

The official documentation is the best place to learn how to use Bootstrap https://getbootstrap.com/docs/4.0/getting-started/introduction/

However, using Bootstrap for a single page can often be overkill. If it’s as simple as you suggest you probably don’t need it.

Also if there is methods you know of without using bootstrap please list below.

Responsive Web Design not a series of methods that can easily be listed here. There are many underlying principles besides visual layout strategy, such as conditional loading, and feature detection. At its core, you need a good grasp of CSS to understand how to manipulate layouts, so assuming that you know CSS, you could probably skip to researching the following standalone topics in order to code your own responsive page (based on what you’ve posted in your question);
    – the viewport meta tag
    – media queries
    – responsive image techniques
    – responsive video embeds (intrinsic aspect ratios)

Aside from that, try Googling “responsive web design for beginners” and start reading. It’s a very interesting subject.

But for specific help, please post your actual code in a reduced CodePen demo. Note that we don’t need your whole codebase – we just need to see enough HTML and CSS to show us the problem.

procode200
    Participant

Hello, anyone else here?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.