Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Bootstrap in IE8

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Lazy Head
    Participant

I am new to web designing and started using bootstrap 3. I created an application and its working fine in all major browsers except IE8. I searched through the web and tried all possible ways and methods, but no luck. can some one help out to solve this issue. I mostly saw that, majority of the people are facing this problem. Isnt there an permanent fix for this?

Thanks

Paulie_D

What specifically isn’t working?

Lazy Head
    Participant

The whole layout. All columns are showing as full width, in other words, its showing the mobile view in full screen.

Paulie_D

Sounds like respond.Js isn’t working or hasn’t been included or has been implemented incorrectly.

IE8 (as I recall) does not support media queries and since Bootstrap 3 is ‘mobile first’ it requires a javascript polyfill to get it working.

Hence, respond.js

Lazy Head
    Participant

I included respond.js.. i tried putting it after the css file and also i am hosting it locally. i.e, i am not using any CDN’s

Paulie_D

Perhaps you could let us see the site.

Although

all major browsers except IE8

IE8 is not a major browser.

Lazy Head
    Participant

actually its an application and am developing it for a client.

The client informed majority of his customers use IE8.. and its been developed in client vpn. cannot show u a demo :(

Paulie_D

Then with no code to inspect…we can’t help.

If it was wrong (no disrespect intended) we have no way of finding out.

Good luck.

theacefes
    Participant

How about this – since you can’t show us a demo, can you do a small test case (can have dummy content) using basic bootstrap layouts and see if it works in IE8? Just do a page or something. If the same issue happens, we can probably help. If it works fine, then you know that it’s something in your implementation that you’re doing wrong.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.