Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Bootstrap fixes IE8 not working for me yet

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    I.m.learning
    Participant

@devdavid

. I thought because the @media statements came from bootstrap css that that must be why respond.js was having a problem

Should it matter where it’s linked?

I downloaded Bootstrap to my computer, and I have it on my server. Although Boot has its own js file, I am still linking to
    src=”http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/2.0.0/jquery.min.js”

But this link is in my footer.

devdavid
    Participant

Hi lost in programming,

it is an issue with IE8 not recognizing media queries and respond.js has trouble making the media queries work with a CDN file because of a cross domain issue, making bootstrap css local for IE8 is what worked for me as it circumvented the problem.

I do not think it should matter whether your js is placed in the footer or head, it is a problem with css anyway.

I.m.learning
    Participant

I’m still trying to figure Bootstrap out. There’s a lot I have not experimented with; and have heard many issues about.

Makes me wonder if, those that are using Bootstrap, need to fix anything after their next version release. I had to download both version 2.x and 3.x to get everything. But then I heard they plan on rolling out version 4 “soon”.

I’ve looked over the entire CSS for Bootstrap and have seen things I never even heard about. But looking at it, I know what I have to change (or could change) to make my stuff work out.

I’m just doing a lot of things no one would even think about doing, just to make a better experience for my visitors, but making it hell on me for interfering with “normal” activities. I know I could change everything around better, but JS scares me.

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.