Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Blogger CSS Help: Putting custom navigation/menu bar onto header graphic

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    project84books
    Participant

This seems like it should have an easy solution, but I’m relatively new to CSS.
    I am starting my own blog on blogger.
    I designed a blog header, complete with a bar on which to put a menu/navigation bar. I made a custom navigation bar using a widget, but I am unable to move it up so it is over the header. I’ve tried all the code I can find to rectify the issue, and I can’t seem to figure it out.

This is the URL of the blog if it helps. I appreciate all the assistance!:

http://project-84-books.blogspot.com/

Tomasz Lisiecki
    Participant

The issue is not solved I guess. I can see the navigation (greeny bar with links) hanging there over the content. He wants it at the top of the page i.e. above the header? Correct me if I am wrong.

I had a look and I am totally confused. The DOM looks a bit messy. I mean I have never used the Blogspot so I don’t know what flexibility it gives you in terms of HTML editing. However would it be possible for you to actually re-order DOM elements, so the navigation is above the header instead of moving it up with CSS?

Also the better practice would be to apply the background (green bar) to the navigation container instead of making it as a part of header background.

It is difficult to guide any better here I am afraid…

Paulie_D

Blogspot / Blogger is pretty limited in what you can do with the built-in templates that they allow.

Creating your own template is possible but is pretty complex if you want all of the Google Widgets and other functionality.

What you CAN do is download (backup) the template (I think it gives you an XML file) , fire it up in your favourite code editor (taking an extra copy for safety) make edits and then reload (Restore) it.

I’ve done it to ‘tweak’ CSS and add extra classes here and there.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.