Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Blog comments

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Cyanoxide
    Participant

A while back I used PHP and MySQL to make somewhat of a blog, pretty basic and operating on two pages one to insert data and one to view the blog entries on. Like I said pretty basic but it does the job. I decided to use it on my new website and I’ve been able to implement it quite will it shows the latest entry on the homepage and the last ten on the blog page I’ve made. My problem is that I want to add a comments system onto it so readers can comment on the entry.

That seems pretty simple but the problem is that with my current knowledge of php the only way I can do this is manually making a separate web page for each blog I make and add the comment system onto that. But that kind of defeated the purpose of the blog, it should all be set up automatically when the entry is added..

For anyone who knows there PHP this is probably an obvious thing but it’s hard to Google for answers when you don’t know what the process is called so any help would be great, even a link to a tutorial will be of good use.

Here is a link to the blog I have so far so you can see what I have so far, I just don’t want to add the comment system on this page. I want each entry to have a page of its own if that makes sense.

http://cyanoxide.co.uk/portfolio3/blog.php

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.