Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design Beware of internal style sections and CDT?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    bclayshannon
    Participant

I don’t know if this is specific to asp.net/razor projects, but when debugging a page using Chrome Dev Tools, I couldn’t figure out why a button was white when I had deleted the “color: white” line in the CSS file that CDT showed being bound to that particular button.

Then I found that there are two declarations of the relevant class in my project – one in the external style sheet that CDT was considering to be “the truth,” and one on the page (<style>…</style>), which CDT ignored as gauche (or irrelevant, at any rate). The one on the page did still have “color: white” so deleting that solved my dilemma. Now the dilemma re: CDT and internal style sections, though: I realize that it is better to use external CSS files, but in the initial stages of development, it’s easier to experiment with changing the styles right in the cshtml file (and you don’t have to worry about the cache getting in the way of showing changes to CSS files).

Is this a known conundrum? Is CDT’s internal style section blindness limited to razorized (asp.net and web pages) files? Will the Googlers and/or Googlettes fix it?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.