Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Better performance video with slow device connection via JavaScript

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    pctechtv
    Participant

Does JavaScript have features that can make large video files play better on mobile device and devices that have a slow internet connection? Can Node.js be helpful with this? Thanks

Shikkediel
    Participant

I can’t imagine JS can do that. Maximum bandwidth is what is it…

The only approach (taken from SO) would probably be to add an image with a known size and see how quickly the onload event fires. Then insert a video with appropriate resolution according to that. Not very accurate though.

pctechtv
    Participant

Thank you for the response though. I think I was forcing the including of JavaScript, or Node. I think I found what I was looking for here. https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/aws/using-amazon-cloudfront-for-video-streaming/
    I see from this (not saying one must use AWS) that my server may be the issue. I am going to test with this properly configured server (for video) and report the result. I stress reporting because I hope this helps other. Thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.