Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Best method for creating custom pages…?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Nipperkin

I’d like to be able to give special features to some of my pages, and I’d like to be able to target the pages individually. My problem is that I don’t know the best way to do so.

My blog is at http://inanindeterminateplace.com/ and there are five pages. In the theme files there are only two: page.php and archives.php. How best to do this?

Can I alter the code for each page (using a body id, for example) with the setup as is, or do I need to create templates for the pages for which there are currently none and do it that way.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

jamygolden

This is the css area, not cms.

I’m not a wordpress boffin, but I would go with styling the page(s) you want to by using the unique class(es) given to the body tag.

TheDoc

If just the design is changing, then you can simply use the body id selector to style the pages differently.

If the structure is changing, I would create different templates.

Nipperkin

Thanks both of you for your replies, and apologies if this is in the wrong section.

In the end, I wound up going with templates, since my immediate goal was to put a bit of code in my search page and didn’t want it appearing on the other pages of my blog.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.