Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other best free hotel booking software?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    silverlulu
    Participant

hey guys what is the best free software for hotels and taxis and that kinda stuff?

i am fascinated in the idea of having a booking system and want to explore them but i haven’t found anything particularly good.

i wondered if anyone knew of anything really cool and free?

thanks

silvers

TT_Mark

Are we talking about ones that you can use for just one hotel, or like a plugin for a site that links to a number of hotels and you can search and book that way?

silverlulu
    Participant

good question dude! um…

i guess i would like a system like hostels.com, where you can chose to find a hostel in any location and choose the date etc…

just like with finding a house to rent, searching for a holiday, getting a cheap flight… those kind of systems fascinate me so any good software that can do that type of thing would be awesome!

if you could give me any advice on that kinda thing i would be very grateful!

thanks,
    silvers

silverlulu
    Participant

oh and preferably free as well ;)

TT_Mark

Hmm… from past experience I think you’ll need an API or a Partner Program

Booking.com is one, but I’m sure some people can link to others. Will require some coding though!

sue f

There are many Hotel Software systems that you can buy to add to a Hotel site, most of which involve $$$$ and a learning curve to set up and use. Generally for a stand alone site the hassle and expense is not worth it.

Booking.com are a partner site who charge 15% of all sales (3% if driven through the Hotels own site) they are pretty much the biggest player around and are considered a must have for most independant hotels.

A cheaper option for Hotel sites is Reseliva.com. Without the marketing might of Booking.com most sales have to be driven by the Hotel’s own site. While still not free they only charge 90c per booking and can be linked to the Hotel site using just a few lines of javascript.

ArthurBrooke
    Participant

I am afraid I don’t think you will find such a facility from any software which is freeware. If you want this facility you will have to invest a good amount into this.

noahgelman
    Participant

This is not free. Those websites use software and DB from a company and probably pay residuals to them. Unless you can get the money to pay for it you’re out of luck. Building it yourself wouldn’t be possible without a lot of start up money

trazweb

I would also suggest HotelsCombined.com – they have an affiliate program.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘best free hotel booking software?’ is closed to new replies.