Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Best approach to coding this

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    quadrant6

I’ve done a wee layout, nothing too complex but It’s been a while since I’ve done much front-end work and I’m wondering what the best approach to coding it would be. Particularly the login form (with the background/image behind, shadow, center placement) in a way that will work responsively.

A mockup is attending showing the login and search : http://i.imgur.com/zLlb23X.png

I’m thinking of using either bootstrap or foundation to try and make things easier.

Before I flip the coin and spend time learning one of these, if anyone has some advice on the above or which would be better suited to my layout, i’d appreciate it.

gowda24
    Participant

I’ve had the same option of choosing bootstrap or Zurb foundation for building resposive website. After going through the features , i had found that Zurb focuses only on responsive web design, whereas bootstrap also has some rich UI along with responsive.
    The only difference is bootstrap follows less css and fondation using saas.
    I would advice to move along with bootstrap, also u get plenty of documents to review on bootstrap.

Chester
    Participant

I think the design doesn’t really need those bloated frameworks.

Paulie_D

>I think the design doesn’t really need those bloated frameworks.

I tend to agree but if the OP is interested, Foundation is the subject of a series over on webdesign.tutsplus

http://webdesign.tutsplus.com/sessions/foundation-for-beginners/

quadrant6

If not using one of those, would what you recommend for the responsive side of things? that was my main reason. Also getting the form/ui element styling out of the box.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.