Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End bbPress Forum Adopting Parent Theme

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    mintertweed
    Participant

I have already asked this question on the bbPress forum under Troubleshooting, but with all things related to WordPress forums, no one is really on the message board. So, I have chosen to ask you guys since I know there is a rather large niche group of WordPress folk on CSS-Tricks. End rant.

I currently have an issue. I have a separate CSS document for each one of my pages. For my forum, I am using style-forum.css and it works just fine. Or it did until I installed the plugin for bbPress. I installed bbPress and reloaded my forum page and it seems to be pulling its styles from the original style.css rather than the aforementioned CSS document. I know I did everything correctly because it was working just fine before I added bbPress. But just to make sure, I deactivate bbPress and, sure enough, it began reading from style-forum.css again. How do I use bbPress with the correct CSS document?

I have looked through the PHP on bbPress and I can not seem to find anything referencing style.css or any other CSS document for that matter. It must be pulling it from somewhere. I simply want to use my own CSS document for my forums. Thank you for any help you can give me. Cheers!

Edit: I just wanted to mention that I really want to use bbPress because it has come so far in the past couple of years as far as usability is concerned, but maybe it is just not quite there yet.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.