Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript basic start code

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    AlCapone
    Participant

So i am having a whole load of trouble getting jquery onto my new site – something that has never really been a problem for me so i cant understand why its not working – but then i have never really had the time to understand and learn either jquery or javascript….

So can someone please just post the basic opening and closing lines of code that you need to jquery to work on a site. This is my link to got javascript or jquery working, this might be what is wrong as i have previously always hosted my own file rather than using google.

Code:

So if that should work – what do i write now…
    ie, link to another js file on my server and what opening lines should be inside that.

Many thanks for your time
    Chris

al_m473
    Participant

check out the top entry in this forum

Al

AlCapone
    Participant

Thanks, I have looked at those already but they were filmed while an older version of jquery was out, so i didn’t know if things had changed, also i don’t know if my google link is ok.

AshtonSanders
    Participant

I remember seeing something very similar to this thread.. You’re linking to the wrong place, it should be:

http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jq … ?ver=1.3.2

AlCapone
    Participant

Thanks – that’s weird, I’m sure i copied word for word the link that Chris used in that perfect html code picture last week or so.

AshtonSanders
    Participant

Since this is the second time I’ve seen that, it could be incorrect in the vid. mistakes happen.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.