Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Basic Question on WordPress Text Editor

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    barbcpeter
    Participant

Hi all,
    I am very new to WordPress and have a very basic question (which probably has a very obvious answer that I haven’t grasped): How do you seasoned developers go about adding content to a page? Do you code everything in your text editor and then copy/paste it into the WordPress html editor? And how do you get around WP’s "restyling" of some of your tags, even when in the html (vs. visual) mode? Do you use a plugin for this? Do you disable anything? I would like to have total control in putting my handcoded content into the editor…

Thanks for the info, much appreciated!
    ~Barb

MJK

I love WP and have been using it for years on my blog. I mostly hand code in Notepad and paste into the HTML section of WP. In most cases I haven’t had a problem with my codes changing in the Visual view to the point of no return. But if it happens, I just go into the HTML, fix it and save. If you stick to the HTML section, you’ll find that your codes tend to stay the way you place them.

I haven’t have to use any plugins or disable anything to force it. Good luck! :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.