Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Background transition: Browser window min-height question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    b16eg8
    Participant

Hello everyone!

Ive been watching the screencasts and saw #68 and figured I would give it a try. Everything was successful but I ran into an issue with it. In the video for testing, the innerWrapper was set to a min-height of a large value to force scrolling in the browser. I shrunk this value to around 100, and the effect broke. Rather than staying pinned to the bottom of the browser, the zombie image and the bottom gradient started about halfway up the page. I know this is because the innerWrapper doesn’t have any content inside (thus the reason for the example using a large min-height). I went to think-geek to find the smallest vertical page I could to see how they handle it, but they each have a large number of ads to pad the height to a huge value. SO, is there a method to pad the innerWrapper so it fills the browser to force the images to the bottom, or must a large min-height value be used? I’m thinking in cases where a page would have not much content such as “contact us” and the user has a high res display. If necessary, I can upload some images for clarification.

clokey2k
    Participant

Maybe try using the sticky footer idea to keep the page ‘full’.

Just Google ‘CSS Sticky Footer’ – I can’t guarantee it will work.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.