The Lodge is members-only design/dev videos and Office Hours.

Next Office Hours Session: "Programming Fundamentals" Dec 02 - 2:00 PM Eastern

Background images don’t load in IE7

• # March 14, 2009 at 6:02 pm

My background images are not loading in IE7, although they do fine in FF and Safari.

Would someone mind taking a look at [url][/url] and pointing me in the right direction? I’m guessing it’s some kind of float issue? Or is it related to the Google map code?

# March 14, 2009 at 6:54 pm

This reply has been reported for inappropriate content.

Don’t have access to IE right now but I’ve just chcked the page out with firebug on the mac and with your existing path to your images directory

background:#730707 url(../images/interface/body_bg_03.jpg) repeat-x scroll 0 0;

firebug can’t find the images. But if I delete the two periods

background:#730707 url(/images/interface/body_bg_03.jpg) repeat-x scroll 0 0;

then firebug finds them.
    Does that help?

# March 14, 2009 at 11:24 pm

That does help, thanks. I think I’ve got it fixed now. What is odd is that I’m on Mac also, and it was loading just fine for me. I had the page up on Safari on a friend’s Mac also with the images loading.

I’ve been working on learning Expression Engine and had the css file stored in there. But after your post I noticed when I used firebug that the css file had a really long title formed by php. I moved it to a static URL and that seemed to do the trick.

Thank you!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

There's a whole bunch of content on CSS-Tricks.

Search for Stuff   •   Browse the Archives

Get the Newsletter ... or get the RSS feed