Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Background image displays in FF, Safari but not IE 7

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    skandragon

I’ve not tried any other IE version yet. I plan on testing IE 8 shortly, once I fire up the VM.

The problem I am having can be seen on http://www.flame.org/bardbook/

The content frame (the part between the top and bottom rounded corners which DO display) won’t display a background on IE. On Firefox, Safari it works as expected.

My guess is that, for some reason, IE thinks the height of the content area is zero, and therefore not wanting to display a background. Setting height: 100px (or any other fixed value) doesn’t help. To ensure I had things right, I tried "background: red" and sure enough, the whole area turned red. I also added a 1px border, which bumped the sidebar down under the main area, and IE did then render the content’s background.

I have to admit I design in Firefox and then test in other browsers. I’m also a programmer, not a CSS guru. Any help here would be appreciated. I used to care about doing things right rather than doing them as a hack, but right now I’d accept a hack. :)

Thanks!
    –Michael

skandragon

Complete magic, and it works now in IE7. Thanks for the fast and simple response!

Is this another IE quirk I need to remember?

–Michael

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.