Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other [Solved] Background- color rgba doesn´t work anymore on new computer

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Janji
    Participant

Hi,

Recently got new computer(Windows 8, Firefox 37.0 and newest version of Opera and Chrome)and the background-color using rgba values doesn’t show up any more in my <figure>, no matter which browser I use. However it works using HEX colors.
    The CSS (3) worked fine with all the browsers on my old computer(Windows 7,Firefox 36.1 and newest versions of Opera and Chrome) and still does.
    Using Sublime Text 3 on old computer and Sublime Text 2 on new one.
    The CSS is the same.

Paulie_D

Seems unlikely that all browsers would suddenly stop rendering rgba.

I’ve never had any trouble with Windows 8 and rgba.

If you demo the issue in Codepen we can test on a multitude of devices and operating systems.

Paulie_D

By the way, what does “doesn’t work” mean exactly?

No transparency, no color at all, wrong color, what?

Janji
    Participant

Hi Paulie,

there’s an image which makes the figure and picture links at the bottom but not visible because in img folder on my computer so you can’t see the <figure> and links.

http://codepen.io/anon/pen/myGbyQ

Janji
    Participant

How do I post the link?

Janji
    Participant

All brand new, nkrisc.

Janji
    Participant

The <body> background- color shows up but background- color rgba for <figure> doesn’t, however if I change the <figure> rgba to HEX the background- color does show up.

Paulie_D

The background color of #yewBerry (and I’m not sure a <figure> should contain a menu)….is given here

background-color:rgba(170,7,2,0.02);

This is what that looks like.

http://codepen.io/Paulie-D/pen/NPLqOr

You have it defined as having an opacity of 2% …so basically, it’s there but 98% see through.

Could that be it?

Janji
    Participant

Hi Paulie,

thanks very much, that was the problem, I now changed the value from 0.02 to 0.07 and now the colour is visible.
    What got me stumped was that the CSS worked fine on my old computer, now I think that it rendered the colours differently and it just looked black when I opened the page on my new machine.
    Big thanks, very much relieved xx

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.