Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Avoid refresh css structure

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    minero

Hi all!
    I have an issue with my css structures always refreshing, that is the browser loads all elements for every click on a navigation link. As such, it creates a blinking/flashing effect which is of course very annoying. For ex: http://www.pickapp.se
    Can anyone see what I am doing wrong??
    Best regards Michael

chrisburton
    Participant

Something like this?

click the bottom links.

minero

Indeed, very elegant as well. In practice I am not looking for something this sophisticated, with animated navijation transitions but your structural design does not reload/flash every time you navigate, and mine does. Is there a css command I am using/not using, by any chance?

chrisburton
    Participant

That website is actually using ajax to display like that. Try removing your background to see if that is the cause.

Edit: I think your header is the cause. You have your css stylesheet in between your javascript. Try putting your stylesheet first then javascript.

minero

Thanks for the ideas, unfortunatley they did not help. Pages still flash. With the body background set to a bg-color, then then content-box flashes instead. Any other suggestions? I have this issue with all my websites and it makes them look amateurish (more than they should by default of course hehe) :-(

chrisburton
    Participant

Try fixing these 70 errors

minero

Fixed most of them that could be of importance, the rest are mssing alt’s, some nested tags and script incosistencies from embedded objects that shouldnt affect the structure. The funny thing is that if you click on the navigation buttons one after the other for a while, especially the “Nyheter” one, you´ll see that once in a while, the structure do not refresh/flash… so there is indeed something weird going on :-S

chrisburton
    Participant

I would suggest going back and fixing the rest as you did not fix majority but only 25/70 of the errors and we’ll go from there.

TheDoc

I don’t really see this flashing that you are referring to. There is a bit of a delay for your javascript to kick in, but that’s about it on my end.

minero

Ok, I will dig into the errors. In the meantime: it seems like different browsers interpret the structure differently. IE9 does not flash/reload thewhole page, only the background image (which is still strange) whereas Firefox does. And as I use FF for reference it is obviously desirable that it displays the content accordingly.

chrisburton
    Participant

In Chrome 12 I get the flash.

minero

Guys, the page no longer flashes. I have eliminated some more errors but it was the embedded objects and the scripts on the right hand side (the ads) that caused it. Yet, this raises the question: since these are default ad-codes embedded, how can “all other” pages display them without causing such flashing effect? Im sure I am not the first one trying to use 4.01 strict :-) (But I guess its time to start using html5 doctype?)

chrisburton
    Participant

Yes, I would encourage using the HTML5 doctype at the least. I will try to find a solution on the embedded objects causing the flash.

minero

Thanks, most appreciated!

Hmm, in IE9 the background-image reloads every time, it should be catched…

(At least html 5? Is there even newer ones?)

chrisburton
    Participant

No, I’m saying at the least add the doctype but you could use the new markup

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.