Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Auto Loading html

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hello I am going to create a html file as a template but would like to know where I could get information onhow to get it so if there is a new listing it gets loaded on to that page layout is going to be mostly div an possible

<

table>

chrisburton
    Participant

Why static HTML? What’s wrong with PHP? It will most likely save you time and energy.

But to answer your question, you’re looking for Ajax.

Php is ok just need to know where can learn auto loading what every is easier I am making a real estate website.

I am trying to create it so when the put new folder in with content it will auto load on to a page I select and set a max limit showing there would show up with next page etc if you could put me in right direction would be great.

chrisburton
    Participant

Still not understanding exactly what you’re trying to do. Please be specific and elaborate further.

Using PHP can be simple. For something small you could try using PHP include() for your header, footer and possibly sidebar. This way when you change something in the header or footer, you don’t have to do it on every single html page. You can make changes in one file and it will update all pages.

Will do some more research on that. using bootstrap 3 as frame work to make it responsive. The way they designed it was very old version all in td format etc just going to update every thing for them for free getting the experience is more important to me than money

chrisburton
    Participant

I disagree with the money thing but anyway, can you elaborate further to your initial question?

What exactly are you trying to auto update on the page?

Ok.

If i create a folder and in that folder has sub folders which would contain a html file for the property.

/residential/”The name of House/.html”

Once that is that is created on my listed pages which shows all current properties it will pick up the content that is in side images etc and then load that on to the list page.

here is script i have

<script type="text/javascript">
        <!--
        function MM_swapImgRestore() { //v3.0
          var i,x,a=document.MM_sr; for(i=0;a&&i<a.length&&(x=a[i])&&x.oSrc;i++) x.src=x.oSrc;
        }
        function MM_preloadImages() { //v3.0
          var d=document; if(d.images){ if(!d.MM_p) d.MM_p=new Array();
            var i,j=d.MM_p.length,a=MM_preloadImages.arguments; for(i=0; i<a.length; i++)
            if (a[i].indexOf("#")!=0){ d.MM_p[j]=new Image; d.MM_p[j++].src=a[i];}}
        }

function MM_findObj(n, d) { //v4.01
          var p,i,x;  if(!d) d=document; if((p=n.indexOf("?"))>0&&parent.frames.length) {
            d=parent.frames[n.substring(p+1)].document; n=n.substring(0,p);}
          if(!(x=d[n])&&d.all) x=d.all[n]; for (i=0;!x&&i<d.forms.length;i++) x=d.forms[i][n];
          for(i=0;!x&&d.layers&&i<d.layers.length;i++) x=MM_findObj(n,d.layers[i].document);
          if(!x && d.getElementById) x=d.getElementById(n); return x;
        }

function MM_swapImage() { //v3.0
          var i,j=0,x,a=MM_swapImage.arguments; document.MM_sr=new Array; for(i=0;i<(a.length-2);i+=3)
           if ((x=MM_findObj(a[i]))!=null){document.MM_sr[j++]=x; if(!x.oSrc) x.oSrc=x.src; x.src=a[i+2];}
        }
        //-->
        </script>

chrisburton
    Participant

I’m not sure if that’s even possible with Javascript alone.

Ok I sorta understand php but very little is there some where I can do live testing on php files. I use coda2 mostly but have dreamweaver cs5

here is image of my first index.php file http://postimg.org/image/yyq1exrzr/

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.