Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Author Name not hyper linked-WP

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    dmor71

On my outdoor cooking blog http://mygrillandsmoker.com for some reason the author names are not hyper linked so will not display all articles from that author. It is a customized theme and I’m not sure if that is just how the them is. I cannot find in any back end options that turns that on or off. Or maybe I have cut something out when customizing. Thanks in advance of anyone can help.

TheDoc

You’ll need to change the theme files by the sound of it. Find all of the templates that are shooting out the author’s name – you should be looking for this:

<?php the_author(); ?>

Replace it with:

<?php the_author_posts_link(); ?>

dmor71

That did the trick, but when clicking the link it gave me "page not found" instead of list of articles from that author. Its not a real big deal now, its a new blog and i’m pretty much the only one that will be writing until i get it to the stage of having guests authors. So unless you know a quick easy fix for that i’m leave it be until that time comes. Thanks a ton though for your help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.