Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Assign HTML table attributes with an external CSS sheet

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    DonL

Hi,

I recently started experimenting with CSS after years of Front Page and other WYSIWYG editors. I created an external style sheet which I link to my web pages to format text, links, border, etc. I’ve also been successful at using inline styles for tables to set up borders, float etc. So the next logical step would be to put those inline values in a separate class on the external sheet. I’ve created a class called “table” that has the exact same parameters as the inline style but it has no effect. All the other classes work fine so I know the sheet itself is good. I’ve tried putting class=”table” after

The tables are very simple – one column and two rows. The top cell has an image and the bottom cell has text.

Here’s my inline style. (carat) table style=”border-collapse: collapse; border:5px solid red; float:right” width=”34%” id=”AutoNumber2″ (close carat) (I left the <> off so the message would publish.)

Here’s my table class on the CSS sheet.

/*FORMATS TABLE PROPERTIES */
    .table {
    border-collapse:collapse;
    border:5px solid red;
    width:34%;
    float:right;
    }

The website is http://www.offthebeatenpath.ws.

Thanks for your help…..Don in St. Paul, MN

DonL

Looks like part of my message got whacked so here is the missing part- I’ve tried putting class = “table” after the

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.