Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Array Problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    brad_langdon

In the following code I am trying to insert the result of the mysql query called " $loop3 " into the javascript code that follows the loop. As the code is outside of the loop it only echo’s the last result from the loop.

I don’t know much about arrays but I am pretty sure I have to store all of the results from " $loop3 " in an array so it can be used out of the loop. Can someone please explain how to do this.

Please explain carefully as I don’t know too much about arrays. The loop and javascript snippet is about halfway down through the code.

Code:
    “;
    echo “

” . $row2[title] . “

“;

$loop3 = mysql_query(“SELECT * FROM $row[0] ORDER BY date02”) or die (‘Cannot select table fields’); // SELECT ALL CONTENT FROM EACH TABLE
    mysql_data_seek($loop3,0); // RESET DATA COUNTER SINCE WHILE LOOP HAS ALREADY BEEN USED
    while ($row3 = mysql_fetch_array($loop3)){

$date = $row3[date02]; // LIST EACH OCCUPIED DATE IN FORMAT THAT MATCHES CALENDAR JQUERY FORMAT

$date_a = substr ($date, 0, 4); // PULL YEAR AS SEPERATE VARIABLES SO THEY CAN BE REARRANGED TO FIT CALENDAR FORMAT
    $date_b = substr ($date, 4, 2); // PULL MONTH AS SEPERATE VARIABLES SO THEY CAN BE REARRANGED TO FIT CALENDAR FORMAT
    $date_c = substr ($date, 6, 2); // PULL DAY AS SEPERATE VARIABLES SO THEY CAN BE REARRANGED TO FIT CALENDAR FORMAT

$date = “”” . $date_b . “/” . $date_c . “/” . $date_a . “”,”; // RE FORMAT DATE TO FIT CALENDAR JQUERY FORMAT

} ?>

“;
    echo “

Booked Dates

“;

$loop2 = mysql_query(“SELECT * FROM $row[0] ORDER BY date02”) or die (‘cannot select table fields’); // SELECT ALL CONTENT FROM EACH TABLE
    mysql_data_seek($loop2,0); // RESET DATA COUNTER SINCE WHILE LOOP HAS ALREADY BEEN USED
    while ($row2 = mysql_fetch_array($loop2)){
    echo “

• ” . $row2[date] . “
  • “; // LIST EACH OCCUPIED DATE AND LINK TO DELETE.PHP TO DELETE RECORD
    }

echo “

“;
    echo “

Logout

“; // SIGN OUT USER
    echo “

“;

}
}

} ?>

davesgonebananas

Just use mysql_fetch_array() to, well fetch an array of the query results.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)