Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Are you interested in a video stream of a website being built from scratch geared towards beginners?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    noahgelman
    Participant

I’ve been thinking about doing this for a while. CSS-Tricks has really helped me come a long way the last 2 years or so and I’ve been thinking of giving back.

Basically what I would do is use a stream service like Justin.tv to stream the creation of a website live to viewers. Viewers can use the chat service and ask questions and discuss with each other as I build and I can answer questions explain why and how to do certain things. I would start building from scratch and use a mock and at the end we’d have a full site.

These will be sort of like Chris Coyiers screencasts #12-#14 about converting a photoshop mock into a website.

The goal would be to help beginners/intermediates to learn the flow of creating a site, ways to build faster, best practices, things to look out for, and hopefully make web development a bit clearer. When starting out, a lot of things can be confusing.

If there’s enough interest, maybe I’ll make it a weekly thing where there’s a new topic of focus each week, but who knows.

So, any interest? Ideas? Suggestions?

noahgelman
    Participant

Different time zones isn’t an issue. Justin.tv keeps archives so anyone at any time can go back and re-watch it from beginning to end. If you can’t watch it live, you can’t watch it live. That doesn’t mean you can’t watch it though. Bandwidth is not an issue either.

One thing I’ll have to make sure I do is that when I answer a question, to state what the question is before answering so anyone watching from the archives can know what was asked so they know what I’m talking about.

noahgelman
    Participant

I’m not following

noahgelman
    Participant

I think you might have skipped over a bit when reading my post initially. My goal is to stream how to build a website, kind of link Chris Coyier’s Screencasts #12-#14 about converting a photoshop mock into a website, but instead of uploading a video, I would do it live so people can ask questions in real time.

noahgelman
    Participant

lol, nooooo. Not build a site like justin.tv, just use it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.