Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Are These Scam Websites?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    CodeGraphics
    Participant

http://www.fbadstips.com
    http://www.trafficblogtips.com
    The owners of the website is selling a tool used to extract facebook unique ids of members of facebook groups or pages. These ids can then be used to target the people for adverts.

The first website is only one month old. While the second one is six months old.
    Pls are these scam websites or what?

SonFBAds

Hi Alex, I’m the owner of http://www.fbadstips.com

The first thing, the tool I promoted does not extract unique IDs, it does extract User IDs!

The second thing, it does the thing that is supported by Facebook API so that Facebook will never ban it.

Hope you understand it :)

CodeGraphics
    Participant

@SonFBAds, your website is just new. How did you know about this post?

SonFBAds

I installed WP JetPack. I know that my site is brand new so that I want to know all kinds of traffic source came to me. And I’ve never put any backlinks in this forum, so I was just curious to discover how they find me :D

My link (in your comment) was received at least 2 clicks :)

CodeGraphics
    Participant

Still afraid to buy the tool you are selling. Sorry.

SonFBAds

It’s up to you. I’m going to publish a report about my campaigns that shows the benefits of this tool. I’ll send you the link download when it goes live

CodeGraphics
    Participant

I tried findmyfacebookid.com. I got about 50 ids. But when I wanted to add it in the custom audience, it says error.

CodeGraphics
    Participant

This is what I got:

**(#10) User 1256851668 does not have access to account 351195819
    There was a fatal error.**

SonFBAds

Did you manage others campaign? It’s strange issue for me. I run ad for myself and have no problem with power editor.

Normally I upload a list of over 500 IDs.

Try again and tell me more

SonFBAds

@CodeGraphics: I’ve published my new report that talks about Facebook Ads. If you are interested in, let’s dive in here http://www.fbadstips.com/lead

I’d like to see your thoughts about this short report :)

JohnMotylJr
    Participant

This entire thread seems suspect!

CodeGraphics
    Participant

Why did the entire thread look suspicious? Is it because I sought ur opinions on the matter? Pls let’s not allow childish thought to becloud our sense of reasoning. I have seen threads opened here and someone will just register to defend his company been talked about. For instance, a staff of Tree House has come here to explain some issues when forum members were reviewing the online web design training they offer. Pls I dont know or have any dealing with any of the owners of the websites i listed here asking for clarification. Thank u.

__
    Participant

@CodeGraphics, _you_ have been around for a while, but if you were _also_ a new user (SonFBAds registered within hours of your first post, and this is his only conversation), I would have come to the same conclusion. Take a step back and consider the “flow” of the conversation – it reads like an infomercial.

SonFBAds

@trag, @JohnMotylJr and @deeve007: It’s true that I knew this forum through Alex’s post. He stumbled upon to my site and saw a product I promoted. And he did that on this forum because of scare about scams.

I installed WordPress Jetpack and it told me I received some strange traffic sources! That’s why I came here.

What will you guys do if you receive a notice that someone says you’re scam? You guys think silence is gold?

__
    Participant

@SonFBAds

If you reread my comment, you’ll notice that I did not accuse you (or CodeGraphics) of anything. Likewise, I did not make any comment on how you “should have” addressed the question, regardless of how you became aware of it. I was commenting on the circumstances that made the conversation suspect. I stand by the assessment that, under _slightly_ different circumstances, I would have came to the same conclusion.

At this point, it doesn’t really matter if the conversation was fabricated or not (and, again, I do not believe that it was). But consider that it may have had more of a negative impact on your product than not joining the conversation at all.

Since you ask, If I had been in your place, I may have registered and commented on the conversation as well – but, not being a part of the community, I would probably have limited myself to an introduction and invitation to learn more (perhaps a link to an FAQ or discussion page for your site, if you have them – or even offering a PM on this site). Again, I am not accusing you of any wrongdoing; I am only offering an explanation of my earlier comments and attempting to answer your questions.

If you have any further questions, please ask. While I welcome conversation, I’ll say now that I have no interest in an argument/debate.

>It’s true that I knew this forum through Alex’s post.

Who is Alex?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘Are These Scam Websites?’ is closed to new replies.