Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Applying For A Job (Question)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    StephBertha
    Participant

Hi there,

5 days ago I applied for a job via Craig’s List and I attached my resume. I haven’t heard back from them.

In the Craig’s List ad it says “Please no phone calls about this job” at the end, however; in the beginning, the poster lists their phone number. Does this mean I can call? Would it hurt to call? About how long is a good time to call to check up?

– Steph

TheDoc

I would check back after a couple weeks if you have heard anything. No sooner than that though. If they listed their phone number, I’d say it’s fair game.

Hmmm.. I always like to either a) find an email and contact a person directly or b) call anyways, and say that such-and-such said they were hiring.

Depending on your area the type of position – whoever is doing the hiring may receive dozens (or even hundreds) of applications. You wouldn’t want dozens of people calling you all day would you? lol. So its fair that they request this – however your best chances are going to be directly dealing with a person.

I once walked right into an office, introduced myself, and was interviewed on the spot. My boss felt like I was what they were looking for, and the HR recruiter was glad he had much less to do!

Oh, and… Good Luck!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.