Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Apply Background Color only on text

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Oh, right.

You need to give the first item below the header (the one that is currently to the right) clear: left;

angelazou
    Participant

But that means I have to search the entire theme for every instance coming after the header. Is there a shortcut? Perhaps a clear:right; for the headers? [Nope, clear: right; didn’t work]

I assume that it is mainly paragraphs coming after headers? If this is the case you could use this:

h1 + p {
    clear: left;
    }

Shown here: http://jsfiddle.net/sl1dr/Fxja2/

angelazou
    Participant

Thanks for the tip, but unfortunately again, it only solves part of the problem. I am seeing some improvement, but not all of them. I’m using the following:

h1 + p, h2 + p, h1 + a, h2 + a, h1 + div, h2 + div {
    }

But the code that I previously gave (for the Date too close thread) doesn’t really apply even though it’s immediately followed by a div. Is there a wildcard I can use? (And hopefully, it works with IE9, right?)

The wildcard selector (*) would cause you to have problems with other floats in your design, such as the date bit. The other option, as @Senff said, is to wrap every header in a div.

angelazou
    Participant

I did a little more digging and fixing, and I’m left with a final section, the text widgets. I use a lot of them, but I couldn’t get them to bend.

Initially, I used the following

h2 + #text-1, h2 + #text-2, h2 + #text-3, h2 + #text-4, h2 + #text-5, h2 + #text-6, h2 + #text-7, h2 + #text-8, h2 + #text-9, h2 + #text-10, h2 + #text-11, h2 + #text-12, h3 + #text-1, h3 + #text-2, h3 + #text-3, h3 + #text-4, h3 + #text-5, h3 + #text-6, h3 + #text-7, h3 + #text-8, h3 + #text-9, h3 + #text-10, h3 + #text-11, h3 + #text-12  {
    }

Didn’t work, then I tried this

h2 + textwidget, h1 + textwidget, h3 + textwidget {
    }

Didn’t work either. Here is a sample text widget content

Title

hmm, this worked fine for me:

h3 + .textwidget {
    }
    angelazou
    Participant

Haha, I forgot the ., so basically the page was looking for an element called textwidget. How sloppy of me!

You

HA! That is funny

Glad we were able to get it all sorted out!

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.