Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS [Solved] Apple icon in the title bar (favicon)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    pallavi1811
    Participant

Hi

I have a small issue. I am trying to figure out that from where the favicon is coming in apple.com. Can anyone please help. i can not see that apple image in images downloaded or anywhere.

I understand that we give it usually thorugh in head. But how is this happening in http://www.apple.com

Thanks, Pallavi

Paulie_D

Best guess is that it’s a JS setting somewhere.

Senff
    Participant

Don’t really understand the question — I dont see anything special about the favicon there (on my Chrome/Windows). Isn’t that just http://www.apple.com/favicon.ico ?

Paulie_D

I don’t think Chrome actually uses favicons in the address bar (does it?)…it does however use ‘shortcut icon’ when making a bookmark.

Either way, I can’t see it mentioned in the head so I’m assuming it’s in their custom JS

Senff
    Participant

In Firefox I also don’t see anything in the address bar. In IE I do but that’s the favicon. So I still don’t see what you guys are talking about…

Paulie_D

What he’s saying is that in the source, in the head section specifically, the usual way of linking in a favicon / shortcut icon is missing.

pallavi1811
    Participant

Yes i meant that we usually do it by giving link tag. so i thought is apple.com also it would be happening the same way. but i could not find the ques hence the question. Thanks for all your replies.

Senff
    Participant

Ah, get it.

If there is a favicon.ico located in the root of the site, you don’t have to link to it. It will be used by default.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.