Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS AnythingSlider Width Problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    whymatt

I’m trying to use AnythingSlider. Trouble is I want the slider to have a variable rather than fixed width. That is, a width using percentage rather than pixels. Is this possible?

There seems to be several places in the standard AnythingSlider code to change widths; including in the CSS and the JavaScript.

Actually, I’m currently using 100% width, but this doesn’t adjust to the width of the screen (or the parent div), it just stays the same width all the time.

Thanks!

whymatt

Ok, seems I’ve almost solved this one. However, there remains one small problem.

I’ve set ‘buildarrows’ to false in jquery.anythingslider.js – this removes the back and forward arrows but not the space they use, so my slider is still positioned as though there were arrows, instead of flush against the left edge of its containing div.

I’ve removed padding in anythingslider.css (and all other css relating to the navigation, but all to no avail) Any ideas?

JPS66
    Participant

I know this is an old post, but I’m having the same problem with the arrow space. Did you find a solution? Thanks in advance.

Mottie

Hi @JPS66!

Look in the css for “Overall Wrapper” and set the padding to zero.

.anythingslider-themename {
    margin: 0 auto;
    /* 45px right & left padding for the arrows, 28px @ bottom for navigation */
    padding: 0; /* 0 45px 28px 45px; */
    }
    JPS66
    Participant

That’s great! I should’ve noticed the CSS comments. Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.