Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS AnythingSlider V1.2 – fade only

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    equinesites

I need to change the transition on this early version of AnythingSlider to the fade only – and navigating the js files is a bit confusing. Not sure where to make this change? I saw another post about changing the slider to a fade, but I don’t think it really applies to this version.

Any help is appreciated!

jamygolden

Chris created this fading version of AnythingSlider called AnythingFader. As far as I know he didn’t complete it – It’s just a beta/demo. Hopefully it works for you.

equinesites

On the 1.2 version, it already has a fade, but it shows up at random (I’m sure it’s not random, but I can’t seem to find where to specify it for every transition.) So I don’t think I need the above option.

Here is a link

to where I am using it on a test page – if you see, it fades between the photos at least once – but it’s not in the same place every time. There are a lot of .js files that it points to – you can see them in the source code – so I’m not sure which one is directing the transitions??

Here is a bit of code from one of the js files – I’m thinking it has something to do with the “random” setting, but if I change it to “fade” that doesn’t do it:

//Slider index1
    $(window).load(function() {
    $(‘#slider’).nivoSlider({
    effect:’random’,
    slices:15,
    // animSpeed:500,
    pauseTime:5000,
    startSlide:0, //Set starting Slide (0 index)
    directionNav:true, //Next & Prev
    directionNavHide:true, //Only show on hover
    controlNav:true, //1,2,3…
    controlNavThumbs:false, //Use thumbnails for Control Nav
    controlNavThumbsSearch: ‘.jpg’, //Replace this with…
    controlNavThumbsReplace: ‘_thumb.jpg’, //…this in thumb Image src
    keyboardNav:true, //Use left & right arrows
    pauseOnHover:true, //Stop animation while hovering
    manualAdvance:false, //Force manual transitions
    captionOpacity:0.8 //Universal caption opacity
    });
    });

Any ideas? Thanks!

jamygolden

For a while I tried looking around for a fading/slider plugin I liked, but I ended up creating my own. I find it very simple to use (it would be a bit weird if I didn’t lol). Perhaps it could help you out.

Ps. You seem to be using ‘nivo slider’, not anythingslider.

equinesites

Awesome – thanks, jamy_za! I’m honestly not sure what I was using, the original file I downloaded had about 10 different java files to link to – so who knows? But thanks for this and I’ll definitely try it out – seems very straightforward and simple to use.

jamygolden

No problem. Let me know if you have any problems and I could help sort them out.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.