Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript AnythingSlider: shunted to the right and right arrow disappeared

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    mdawg

This is weird. When I uploaded the plugin to my real site, with exactly the same settings, and exactly the same css and slideshow format, the right scrolling button has disappeared! It’s not a calamity but i still hate it.

neuroplasticrecords.com

Saying that, this plugin is a lifesaver. Thank you!

Senff
    Participant

The arrow is there, but your slider is too wide for the page. It’s currently set to 890 pixels wide with side padding of 45, totaling up to 980 pixels, and the container is only 882 pixels wide, so the right side of your slider is hidden.

You should reduce the width of your slider, but then you’ll also have to reduce the size of the individual contents a little (there won’t be room to show 4 albums anymore).

Also, is not a valid tag.

mdawg

Aha. Thank you. I changed the width and set the padding to 0px but it didn’t make a difference. I suspect I’m doing it in the wrong place. The weird thing is that on my development site this showed up perfectly

thebutterfliesareattacking.com

Sorry for being an idiot, but if you could explain this in the way you would to a 3 year old i’d really appreciate it :-)

mdawg

Right, my bad. Even though I specify that it should be 950 wide, for some reason the container won’t get bigger. Something must be overriding it. I posted in the WP UI forums to see if that will help. Thanks.

Senff
    Participant

To a 3-year old, I would tell to stop making web sites and go play outside, so that won’t work. ;)

The difference between the two sites is that in the one that’s working, you have the slider wrapped in

, not sure if that’s essential but it may be how AnythingSlider calculates widths/positions for slides, so I would sugges to add that as well.

mdawg

Haha! I tried and failed, and realised it’s because the width of the “accordion” is stuck, no matter how much !important css I put in. Argh. This *will* be resolved but you’re right, it’s a container rather than a slider problem.

Senff
    Participant

Yeah now that I think of it, the width that is calculated is probably based on the contents. If you put a wrapper around it, the content is determined as 940px, but without the wrapper it’s determined 850 (it doesn’t include the padding), so it centers a block as if it’s 850 pixels wide.

The container should be around it for sure.

mdawg

Sorted! Say, you don’t have any idea how i might go about removing the border and padding without uploading a whole new css file do you?

Cheers.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.