Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS AnythingSlider on a Transitional page in IE 8

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Tango

I’m trying to add AnythingSlider into an old existing site with DOCTYPE = !DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC “-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN”.

It is working fine in Chrome and FF but in IE8 and earlier the height of the slider control is being set as the total height of all the li elements, not just the one that is being displayed. I am using resizeContents : true,. E.g. with 2 li elements both 200px high, the control height is 404px instead of 200px.

If I change it to resizeContents : false the size is almost correct (a few pixels short for some reason), but the content below on the page jiggles around during the slide transition.

If I change the DOCTYPE to !DOCTYPE HTML, it works. Unfortunately the rest of the page layout fails. Converting the whole thing to a better DOCTYPE is on the to do list, but is a huge job.

Any idea what I might have done wrong or how to fix this?

Mottie

I’m not sure how I can help… maybe if you shared a link to the page, I can get a better idea of the issues.

But off the top of my head. maybe put the slider inside of a wrapper with a set height so the content below it doesn’t jiggle.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.