Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript AnythingSlider – Joomla – Firefox 5.0

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    nadineb

Hello guys, I’ve been researching AnythingSlider issues for a while now, and I still haven’t gotten to a solution as to why my AnythingSlider does not work with Firefox 5.0. The AnythingSlider I am using is a Joomla plugin. Here’s a dirent link to the page I have it on.

http://demeter.webcity.com.au/~byd47464/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=98&Itemid=65

It is supposed to have 4 tabs you could choose from, which show on every browser, including older versions of Firefox, except for Firefox 5.0. I tested that on a few different computers too.

Anyone has any idea why?

Mottie

Hi Nadineb!

I looked, but I couldn’t find the source of the problem because of all of the scripts you are using and some are compressed, but I do know what the problem is… a different script is wrapping an around the slider and thus breaking it before it is even initialized. This is the resulting HTML:

Maybe try moving the AnythingSlider initialization code higher up on the page so it initializes before the mark up gets changed.

nadineb

Thanks for the reply, Mottie. But another problem is that the I can directly edit the html that you’ve inspected for the page, and I can’t exactly find the same code you pasted here in any of the files in Joomla. The closest thing I found was the AnythingSlider template php file. This is the code for it:

div class="anythingSlider">

for ($i=0, $n=$number_items; $i < $n; $i++) {
      $item = &$slideShow[$i];
      echo "
    • ";
      $aparams =& $item->parameters;
      $params->merge($aparams);
      $limitstart = JRequest::getVar('limitstart', 0, '', 'int');
      $dispatcher =& JDispatcher::getInstance();
      $item->text = $item->introtext;
      $results = $dispatcher->trigger('onPrepareContent', array (& $item, & $params, $limitstart));
      if ($params->get('show_page_title'))
      echo "

$item->title

";
      echo $item->text;
      echo "
    • ";
      }
      ?>

I’m not even sure that’s the one, it’s just the closest I found.

Do you know how to find the file that has the code I am to remove?

Mottie

Hi Nadineb!

That was my point.. I looked and looked and I couldn’t find where it was being added, but it was there when I inspected the page with Firebug. The template code above doesn’t appear to be the problem.

Did you try initializing the slider higher up in the page?

nadineb

The code I pasted for you above is in the module’s template folder, which means its just a php file dedicated for the module, nothing else is in that file. So I can’t copy it higher up, it’s the only thing there.
    Do you know if there’s another method, or some other php file that loads this template file inside of it? Sorry if I seem like I don’t know what I’m talking about, I’m no code expert.

nadineb

anything? anyone?

Mottie

Hi Nadineb!

Sorry, I’ve been extremely busy these past few days… I will try to look into your problem again, but honestly I’ve tried just about all my tricks to figure out where the <em>’s are being added.

Mottie

Ok, I still didn’t find the script that was causing the problem, but if you remove ALL spaces between the divs, ul and lis, it doesn’t add the em’s

Change the HTML from this:

to this:

And maybe someone will decide to help out and update the Joomla plugin version from 1.2.1.

nadineb

Oh thank you! It finally worked. Can’t believe something so smalll can be so frustrating.
    Yes it would be great if someone does an update to this, I had been trying to figure it out for weeks.

Thanks again

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.