Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Anythingslider HELP

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    rocky06

Hello,
    Instead of using the easing components I would like to use a fade out when the user clicks on the arrows. Can someone please assist? Thank you.

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

Quick notes on the anything slider.

This is the latest fork of it: http://github.com/ProLoser/AnythingSlider

This is OLD, but at one time I tried to make it a fader too, but it just didn’t gel to make it a part of the main code.
    https://css-tricks.com/examples/AnythingFader/

vee_k
    Participant

First of all, Chris – thank you thank you thank you for this website!
    I need a different kind of help, it’s also connected to the “slide” and “fade” issue.
    I have a .js running the slideUp and slideDown for a #panel on top of my website.

$(function() {

// Expand Panel
    $("#open").click(function(){
    $("div#panel").slideDown("slow");

});

// Collapse Panel
    $("#close").click(function(){
    $("div#panel").slideUp("slow");

});
    // Switch buttons from "Lesen" to "Schliessen" on click
    $("#toggle a").click(function () {
    $("#toggle a").toggle();
    });

});

Somehow, the AnythingSlider script and this one are interacting in a way that the #close and #open buttons and the .back and .forward arrows in the .anythingSlider are SLIDING up and down instead of just hovering seamlessly… And that only in Chrome and Safari 5.0??? I am a newbie , so please , enlighten me if iam missing the obvious!
    i thiks somehow the script above is messing around with the wrong tags. or is it the anythingSlider script that is appending the sliding to the wrong s?

Thanks a million for your time and answer!
    vee_k

vee_k
    Participant

reading about image hovers with jquery, i think the problem has something to do with images being sprites, and somehow they are sliding instead of just hovering, but as i said only in safari and chrome… ???

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.