Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript AnythingSlider: FOUC flash of unstyled content

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ChrisMzzz

Can anyone help with my FOUC, i need it fixed as it doesn’t look good when loading the page. The FX need to run on page load too so disabling that isn’t an option. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jimmy
    Participant

Well, you can always set it to display: none; by default and then call the slider while .css()-ing the slider content to display: block;.

ChrisMzzz

I have tried every possible method of display: none and it doesn’t work. For example i have that set up now and it still flashes

ChrisMzzz

Firefox, chrome, Safari and opera are ok, only get it occasionally. IE8 i get it every time i load the page or refresh, i havn’t tested on any other IE yet. The background images will be changed and reduced in size these are just placeholder images for testing. But the problem isn’t the background images it the three info boxs that have FX. They flash in their final natural position / opacity first, before the outFX takes them off screen / fades them and the inFX brings them back to their final position. I also get a flash of the scrollbar on IE8.

edit – removing the background images entirely doesn’t change anything

ChrisMzzz

but i need it to run on page load

ChrisMzzz

not sure if i called it right but you can see that has stopped the effect on page load / refresh

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.