Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript AnythingSlider Fail on Reload Mystery

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    kerns

Sorry I can’t provide a link right now, I’m working on getting it up.

My problem is that I have a slider which works fine – until I reload the page. Yes, I know it sounds weird. It’s the same problem with or without hashTags enabled.

1) The slider works on initial load, and you can page between each item (again, with or without hashTags enabled)

2) Then, when you reload the page – the 2nd item will become the 1st item (i.e. the one that is initially visible on load) while the 3rd and 4th items become invisible. Kind of nutty, I know, but there it is.

Until I can show you a sample, can you think of anything that would cause this sort of thing to happen? What is happening when I reload? Why does it work brilliantly, and then collapse on reload? IF anyone has a guess I’d be grateful, been debugging for hours now.

kerns

Solved! I moved the links to my stylesheets to above my JS embeds, and the problem resolved itself. Not entirely sure why, I must say, I don’t think I’ve run into this sort of cascading issue before. Any ideas?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.