Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript AnythingSlider + fadeIn + Safari 5 issue

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    ivand

Good morning fellas.

I’ve integrated anything slider into a wordpress site ive been working on.

I used display:none; to hide the div containing the slider in order to avoid a FOUC. (yeah, i know is not an optimal solution)

and then used this

to show the div right after the window has loaded. the effect works on chrome + ffx + opera. but in Safari Mac and IE9 cant get it to work.

The url is http://tubolsillo.do (is a work in progress)

Thanks in advance!

Mottie

Hi Ivand!

That page has some serious issues… just from my quick look I found:

• Extreme page loading issues! I’m not an expert, but I don’t think it’s a good idea to add a twitter, google and facebook button to every post on the page – I counted 12 sets. If you do, then limit the number of posts showing. Please!
    • The same ID is used multiple times (e.g. #video-area & #player)… most browsers ignore all but the first, which is probably why your fadeIn doesn’t work.
    • The slider markup is borked… just from the view source I see
    • and

ivand

whoa. I knew i was letting some things slip by, but i didn’t realize it was so bad. this project has gone through a LOT of changes (something worthy of a clients from hell book i think) which has f***ed up my development process.

I checked and solved those issues but i still can’t get it to work on Safari. Weird.

About the social icons, is something the client wont give up about. So i was thinking to maybe implement some kind of lazy loading, to hide the ones that are not in the viewport at load time

ivand

Also, is there anyway to hide completely the start/stop button and maintain slideshow functionality?

Mottie

Hi Ivand… I haven’t had a chance to find the problem, but you can just not build the start/stop button buildArrows:false – the slideshow will still work.

ivand

Thanks so much Mottie, but right now I have yet ANOTHER issue (im sorry)..

Im using the video plugin and now I cant get the slideshow functionality to work again.

here’s the link http://tubolsillo.do/

Mottie

Hi Ivand! I just visited the page and the slideshow automatically started playing. What part was not working?

ivand

in my case (win7+chrome) it doesnt starts sliding until i hover my mouse on the slide area.

also, cant get the thumbnavigation to center under the slide area :/

Im getting

jquery.anythingslider.js:137 Uncaught TypeError: Object #has no method ‘delegate’

and

jquery.min.js:74 Uncaught Syntax error, unrecognized expression: #

Mottie

Hmm, that is weird… I’m not sure but I think the problem may be that the entire slider is being faded in while it is initializing. Maybe try using a callback function in the fadein, like this:

$(document).ready(function(){
    $('#video-slider').fadeIn(800, function(){
    $('#show-slide').anythingSlider({
    theme : 'cs-portfolio',
    easing : 'easeInExpo',
    autoPlay : true,
    buildStartStop : true,
    enableStartStop : true,
    pauseOnHover : true,
    delay : 5000,
    buildNavigation : true,
    animationTime : 500,
    addWmodeToObject: 'opaque'
    });
    });

});

As for the thumb navigation, I don’t even see it on the page.

ivand

I tried that to no avail :/

Could it be related to the javascript errors?

I feel like im bothering you too much, gonna have to send at least a beer your way.

Mottie

Oh yeah… duh I didn’t even look at Firebug. It looks like you have jQuery 1.4.1 on the page and I recently modified the code by using the delegate function which is only supported in jQuery 1.4.2+ but honestly you should update to jQuery 1.6.2.

I don’t know what to make of the other error on the page.

ivand

Thanks! apparently updating jquery solved the issues.

nadineb

I also have an anythingslider problem, but is it me, or is there nowhere to post a new discussion topic here? I can’t find it.

Mottie

Hi nadineb!

It’s the big blue button at the top of the right column “Start a New Discussion”.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.