Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript AnythingFader – doesn’t fade in IE?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    erc

I’ve been working on implementing AnythingFader for a portfolio site that I’m working on. It seems to be perfect, except for one small detail; the fade doesn’t work in IE, even in the demo.

https://css-tricks.com/examples/AnythingFader

As far as I can tell, this hasn’t come up before.. I don’t suppose anyone has a suggestion for making this work?

Johnnyb

Yeah.. IE8 and below don’t like fading images, I noticed that in a project I was working on recently. However, you can fade divs of color in an out with IE so a potential fix could just be to fade a div with a white background in when you click the arrow, once it’s finished fading in switch the image and fade the white div out again. And hey presto.. an IE fix!

Otherwise I guess it’s just one of those occasions where it’s usable in IE8 and below, it just doesn’t look as fancy.

jamygolden

Have a look at this slider. The fade works properly in IE 7+

erc

There are tons of faders out there that do work properly in IE, i don’t know if they employ hacks to get the job done or what.

I’ll take a look at the slider jamy_za suggested, but I have a number of requirements which makes finding a workable solution easy. It must do all of these things:

• Support a fade transition
    • Support thumbnail navigation (even if it has to be built manually)
    • Support html content (each slide includes an image, a few paragraphs, and some other simple html)
    • Support clicking the image to go to another web page. Some sliders/faders build the content so that clicking the image transitions to the next page.
    • Use the JQuery History plugin, or something like it, so that individual slides can be bookmarked (uses hash tags in the url)

AnythingSlider does all of this except for the fade transition, and the slide animation going from slide 1 to slide 15 is like light-speed spastic.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.