Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Anything Slider – slider controls

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    margaux
    Participant

this is a lovely slider and I’ve had no problems implementing the slider functionality but I’m having trouble getting the slider controls to look right. the active cellshade is working but not the nonactive and hover ones – they should all be round. It seems to be defaulting to a square image but I can’t find where to replace it. Thanks for any help. Here’s a draft version (still working on it so I know the spacing is out as well).

Mottie

Hi Margaux!

By default the cellshade background is applied to all navigation tabs. The current tab has the background image is removed but the background color stays the same.

Just from a quick look, it seems the nonactive image doesn’t exist: “../images/cellshade-nonactive.jpg”. Could that be the problem?

margaux
    Participant

Hi Mottie – thanks for your reply. I’m trying to work out how the script builds all the different slider control options. I think I should be setting a parameter to control how the navigation controls are built but not sure which one. I’ve spent ages experimenting setting different ones but not having any joy. the files that came with the download didn’t include any cellshade jpegs, I built them from the cs-portfolio (sprite) file that was included. I don’t want any tabs on the panel but would like to include the slider navigation bar below the panels. Any suggestions?

Mottie

Oh! I didn’t check, you appear to be using version 1.2… we’re up to version 1.7.13 now (get it here), it’s set up a bit differently (less html to get it going) and everything you should need is in the download. Also check out the wiki documentation for more details and lots of demos! :)

And, if you order now, you can get more themes for the slider for free! ;) (hehe – it’s all free, stupid commercial was in the background as I was typing this LOL)

margaux
    Participant

nice themes – I look forward to using them for future sites. Also like the fx enhancements. I’ve figured out how to use the different theme options (I think) but I have a couple of questions if you don’t mind…

1. I’ve used the mini-light theme for this site, can I also use the navigationFormatter option to label the tabs? I tried to include a function but it’s not working.

2. Is it possible to use some of the navigation options from previous versions of the slider? I quite like the cellshade bullets positioned centrally below the slider.

Thanks for your help!

Mottie

Hi Margaux!

Because the mini-light theme only shows the buttons, all content from the navigationFormatter is actually added to the title of the button, so hover over it and you should see the name added.

The themes are basically all css, you can mix and match whatever parts you like. If you would like the default tabs, then just remove the new theme navigation css. And make sure the default “anythingslider.css” file is loaded.

margaux
    Participant

I’m getting there – thanks for responding to all my questions!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.