Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Anything Slider not working + shortcode suggestions

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    amillet
    Participant

Hi,

I am using the Anything Slider and am not able to get the arrow functionality working. When I first install the plug-in, these arrows work, but as soon as I start changing the settings in the dashboard, the arrows no change slides when clicked. I have enable the arrows so I am not sure where I am going wrong.

As a separate concern, could anyone advise on how to add more shortcode to the anything slider? I am relatively new to PHP, but if someone could point me in the right direction as to how to create new shortcodes, that would be great- I am looking to add a shortcode for showMultiple, allowing me to display 3 slides on one page, 1 one on another etc. I would also eventually like to add other shortcode regarding arrows, or start button, etc.

Much thanks!

-Alex

amillet
    Participant

O, and my site is here
    Thanks!

Mottie

Hi Alex!

Ok there are a few things that need fixing…

First, the “clickForwardArrow” and “clickBackArrow” both need to be set to “click” so clicking on the arrows work.

Additionally, the slider can’t resize all of the videos and images because they are wrapped multiple times, so maybe the best solution would be to add this css that makes all panel content match the panel size:

.panel * { width: 333px; height: 240px; }

Also, the arrows are appearing below the video because the videos need to have a wmode set. Either add them manually or include the video extension along with swfobject (should be loaded first).

doobie

Hey amillet,

I’d be happy to add a few new shortcode options for you.

Is “showMultiple” the only new option that you need?

Thanks,
    Jacob

amillet
    Participant

Thanks Mottie and doobie!

@doobie
    : showMultiple is the only one I would really need; others, like displaying arrows on one slider but not on the other, or the start button on one slider but not the other would be useful, but not urgent :)

I’d be really happy if when you make the change for showMultiple, you could point to the source code of the plugin where you made the change – that way if I think of further shortcode I can come up with it myself!

Thanks again!

amillet
    Participant

New shortcodes that just came to mind and would be useful- whether the slider is vertical or not, and whether it is on autoPlay or not.

That’d be great, thanks!

doobie

Hey amillet,

Sorry for the delayed response. I’ll add these options this week and push out a new version asap.

Thanks,
    Jacob

doobie

Hey amillet,

I just pushed a new version of the plugin with a bunch of new shortcode attributes. I haven’t documented all fo them, yet, but you can begin using showMultiple, vertical, easing and a bunch more.

-J

amillet
    Participant

Hey doobie!

I just noticed, thanks!

Although I tried for e.g. showMultiple=3 in my shortcode and it didn’t work, is this the right format?

Also, I was looking at the jtd-anything-slider.php source file to see where you added the shortcode attributes, and am just curious as to how it works. How does the function jtd_anything_slides_shortcode($attr) work? I would love to learn more about how you made these changes.

Thanks again!

-Alex

amillet
    Participant

Other observations:

Vertical does work for me when I set it to vertical=true.

Also, I noticed that my arrow functionality is still not working. My clickForwardArrow and clickBackArrow are set to “click” in my sourcecode, but when I look at the code of the page, they are indeed empty.. Any idea as to why this might be happening?

Thanks!

amillet
    Participant

Hey doobie,

I don’t think the showMultiple works, but the vertical and others seem to be fine.

Thanks!

Alex

amillet
    Participant

Any progress on the showMultiple shortcode fix?

Thanks in advance!

-Alex

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.