Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Anything Slider not working in IE 6 & 7, seems perfect in all other browsers.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Mottie

Hi @hiatus999!

It looks like there are some issues with the HTML markup. The main problem is the contents of the image alt tag:

<font size=• Insurance Questions
    • Auto Glass Quotes
    • Discounts and Price Match

Live Help:
    (941) 404-4030

Monday – Friday
    8:30 AM to 5:30 PM” />

If you’re going to add data to the alt tag, make sure you escape the quotes or use an apostrophe.

• Insurance Questions
    • Auto Glass Quotes
    • Discounts and Price Match

Live Help:
    (941) 404-4030

Monday – Friday
    8:30 AM to 5:30 PM

It’s also missing a closing `

` and a closing `
    `.

manaz

hello i’m having trouble in my slider>>not working in ie only

can you help me how to fix this?

this is my site

http://viankonatura.com/2u/

Mottie

Hi @manaz!

I can’t seem to connect to your site, but if it’s an IE problem, I can almost bet it because of a trailing comma… look for a comma at the end of a line with nothing after it, like this, and remove it:

$(‘#slider’).anythingSlider({
    theme: ‘metallic’, // trailing comma!!!
    });

manaz

i have remove comma at the end line but not working yet

this is the script

var sliderOptions=
    {
    sliderId: “slider”,
    effect: “series1”,
    effectRandom: false,
    pauseTime: 2600,
    transitionTime: 500,
    slices: 12,
    boxes: 8,
    hoverPause: true,
    autoAdvance: true,
    captionOpacity: 0.3,
    captionEffect: “fade”,
    thumbnailsWrapperId: “thumbs”,
    m: false,
    license: “mylicense”
    };

var imageSlider=new mcImgSlider(sliderOptions);

your help is needed
    TQ

you help is really

manaz

BTW my sidebar in ie can’t see it..i dont know how to fix it…I’ve done a variety of ways
    sorry for my bad english..

Mottie

That is not AnythingSlider, but I think the reason for your problems is because you’re missing a [doctype](http://alistapart.com/article/doctype) at the very top of the page. Because that is missing, it puts IE into quirks mode and pretty much breaks everything.

manaz

ok TQ so much

BastiHo
    Participant

Hi
    I’m running anything slider on a Typo3 website. It looks fine in Chrome & Firefox but I have a big problem in IE. I think it’s pretty similar to the issues above.
    http://www.8m3.de/index.php?id=6

It would be great if you could help me! ;)

Mottie

Hi BastiHo!

The problem is actually a console log. It causes an error in IE if the console isn’t open. Press F12 and reload the page and you’ll see the slider functioning perfectly. So just remove this line:

console.log(“curTitle”, curTitle);

in SliderControl.js, line 3.

redzase

hi, i get some trouble for my anythingslider in IE, i have remove comma at the end line but not working yet ..

This my script …

$(‘#slider’).anythingSlider({
    resizeContents : false,
    addWmodeToObject : ‘transparent’,
    navigationFormatter : function(index, panel){ // Format navigation labels with text
    return [index – 1];
    },

// Autoplay video in initial panel, if one exists
    onInitialized: function(e, slider) {
    playvid(slider);
    },
    // pause video when out of view
    onSlideInit: function(e, slider) {
    var vid = slider.$lastPage.find(‘video’);
    if (vid.length && typeof(vid[0].pause) !== ‘undefined’) {
    vid[0].pause();
    }
    },
    // play video
    onSlideComplete: function(slider) {
    playvid(slider);
    },
    // pause slideshow if video is playing
    isVideoPlaying: function(slider) {
    var vid = slider.$currentPage.find(‘video’);
    return (vid.length && typeof(vid[0].pause) !== ‘undefined’ && !vid[0].paused && !vid[0].ended);
    }

});

please give me the solution, and i’m sorry for my bad english thx

Mottie

Hi redzase!

I can’t tell if there are any problems in the code above. What does `playvid()` do?

It would be better if you could share a demo of the slider or check to see if there are any errors (press F12 and look in the console tab).

fivetwelve

Hi @Mottie, I have a few slides in AnythingSlider and each uses a large (1300×650) background image. Everything loads great but with infiniteSlides set to true when it goes from slide3 to the (cloned, I suppose?) slide1, the background blinks into view only after the slide animation ends. No such effect occurs going from 1 to 2 or 2 to 3 (nor when infiniteSlides is false). I even tried placing the image in a container on a lower z-index beneath the slide content and the same thing occurred. Unfortunately, I don’t have permission to publish the contents at this time so I can’t share the URL yet. :/

Any ideas?

thanks kindly

fivetwelve

I figured it out… my background images are assigned in the CSS to a container ID in each panel. It took me a while to realize that the cloned panel can only replicate classes and not ID properties. I re-assigned the background to a class and it was fine. I also now understand why each li uses class rather than id for panel1, panel2, etc.

Another issue that arose was the background was set to top center. Because the slide is moving, the background position seems to change during transition and it works better when a fixed top left value can be defined. I hope this helps out someone.

dahlia

Hi, I have a problem with AnythingSlider in an ebay store. You can take a look here:http://stores.ebay.co.uk/dabsoutlet/pages/official-acer-outlet
    In IE when you click on an item and then click Back button, another banner appears on the place of the slider.
    Can you help me?

Thanks

Paulie_D

@Dahlia.

Could you please start a new thread as your issue is not related to the original question?

Oh…and which version(s) of IE?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • The topic ‘Anything Slider not working in IE 6 & 7, seems perfect in all other browsers.’ is closed to new replies.